Pros and Cons of a Frame-less shower door system.
Frame-less shower doors consist of a thick heavy tempered safety glass. They are known for having minimal framework and heavy hinging as well as large tubular handles through the glass. A shower door is considered frameless if the operable part has no surrounding metal and is hung off hinges alone. A frame-less door can still have header systems and other outer track components to secure all the fixed sections.
Pros to a framed door:
- Excellent at retaining water due to all the overlaying metal.
- Work extremely well as steam enclosures.
- Available in different painted enamel finishes as well as traditional metal finishes.
- A large array of decorative glass options.
Cons to a framed door:
- Tend to come in standard heights that now look very short by today’s standards.
- Metal can distract from nice tile work and other bathroom fixtures.
Learn about M&M Construction Specialist, central and northern New Jersey’s home improvement expert.
Roofing ● Siding ● Windows ● Doors ● Basements ● Framing ● Masonry
Residential ● Commercial ● Custom Homes ● Additions ● Historic Restoration
Serving Central and Northern NJ
Middlesex, Union, Somerset, Sussex, Morris, Bergen, Passaic, Essex and Hudson Counties
Licensed and Insured