Look for these signs of damage on the interior and the exterior of your Morristown, NJ roof.
On the interior:
1) Signs of water damage or leaking
2) Places where the roof deck is sagging
3) Outside light showing through the roof.
4) Dark spots and trails
On the exterior:
5) Visually inspect your roof for cracked, torn, bald or missing shingles.
6) Scan the roof for loose material or wear around chimneys, vents, pipes, or other penetrations.
7) Watch out for an excessive amount of shingle granules in the gutters — this is a sign of advanced wear.
8) Check for signs of moisture, rot or mold. Note that wet spots may not be directly under your faulty shingle; water can travel down to its lowest spot before it drips. Mold, fungi and bacteria can grow quickly — within 24 to 48 hours of a water-related problem.
9) Examine the drainage, and make sure gutters and downspouts are securely attached. Also ensure all drains are open and allow water to exit, and all gutters and downspouts are free of debris.
10) Check that all bath, kitchen and dryer vents go entirely outside of your home, not just into the attic space.
11) Look for curled, broken, bent shingles, or discoloration.
12) See if there are visible areas of missing shingles.
13) Look for discoloration as well – if there are signs of discoloration – call M&M Construction Specialist for a free in-home estimate.
14) Watch the ground for signs of debris.
If your roof has any of these problems, call an experienced Morristown, NJ Roofing Contractor today.